Monday, April 30, 2018

The whole idea of a marriage is more appealing to me than a wedding: Sonam Kapoor


While Bollywood’s fashionista Sonam Kapoor is reportedly set to marry her long-time boyfriend Anand Ahuja next month, it seems like a destination wedding is not on the cards anymore.


Contrary to rumours, a source close to the Khoobsurat starlet revealed it was becoming extremely difficult for the Kapoor family to make arrangements for a wedding in Geneva, reported Pinkvilla. “It was becoming too cumbersome to manage the travel and living arrangements for approximately 150 members of the extended family and close friends of the Kapoors as well as Anand’s,” shared the insider.
“It would have been difficult for the senior members of the extended family, who are expected to attend all the ceremonies, to fly to Switzerland.” The two families were reportedly also considering having the wedding in Jaipur or Udaipur earlier.
When asked what she is looking most forward to in her wedding festivities, Sonam said, “I think the whole idea of a marriage is more appealing to me than a wedding. I think there is too much money spent; it’s all very crass, and I would rather give that money away. I’d rather have a wedding at home than anywhere else. I think it’s important to do all the rituals but I don’t believe in spending all that money. I find it disgusting and very wasteful and I’m not okay with that at all.”
Well, this is the first time that Sonam has been so open about her wedding. Reports now suggest that Sonam and Anand will tie the knot in Mumbai on May 7, 2018, and the couple will host a grand reception in Delhi, where Anand’s family is based. Sonam and Anand will allegedly shift to London after their wedding.